Browsing For Compatibility


This week I wanted to see how my master’s blog – – appears in various internet browsers. Using BrowserStack, I was able to enter my website address and choose the browser I wanted my site to be emulated on. Browserstack has a paid version, so the amount of time I could spend on a browser was limited to a minute. But within that minute, was able to get an idea of load time and whether the site looked presentable in Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, the iPhone 11, Galaxy 10, and iPad Pro.

Microsoft Edge / Mozilla Firefox / Chrome:

All three browsers loaded and operated similarly. I did not see many differences in how they displayed. On a slow internet connection, the slider toward the top took a few seconds to load. This could probably be optimized by changing the size of the images to fit the slider properly.


The iPhone screenshot was very similar to the Galaxy. The images and content sections all fall into line and the navigation fell into place in a drop down toward the top. The site is clean and navigation items worked as intended.

Galaxy S10:

When the page loaded, I noticed the menu items initially flashed across the top, but the responsive design moved them under a menu drop down menu at the top, just left of the social media buttons. Overall, the site appears flawless and all items fall into alignment as the user scrolls down the page.


The iPad test looked rather clean. I like how the sidebar widgets still appeared on the right side of the screen. All the navigation menu items moved into one drop down menu at the top and the images in the slider kept their formatting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *